Mass Efffect: The Valkyrie Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Efffect: The Valkyrie Chronicles

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 Empty
PostSubject: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:07 am

RULES:

How this works is this: You create a character, claim one of the open positions on the crew, (i.e. pilot, ship turret operator, medic, etc. I will post the list of positions soon) write a story, and communicate with other users through your characters. Your character can be any race, and any base class (i.e. Salarian Infiltrator, Quarian Soldier, Geth Engineer, please be creative with the names), but be warned: stick close to the basics. If you do create an alien class, it will be subject to my approval just so we don't have any overpowered players. Also, for any who are curious, already created Alien classes are playable (i.e. Turian Agent, Quarian Machinist, Krogan Battlemaster, etc.) and created alien classes will in a way be based off of the given standard.

We will have stats (92 points: 10 less than Shepard, 10 more than an average squad member.) and you can choose an extra skill. Now, see, your stats will not have any direct influence over the game, but they rather dictate how good you can say you are in that given field.

For example, if you merely have 3 on Sniper Rifles (Basic Assassination), you know how to handle a Sniper Rifle, but your accuracy leaves a bit to be desired. If your Sniper Rifles stat is maxed however, you could say that you can snipe someone accurately from a farther distance, and you can even hit someone a certain distance away without using the scope.

IMPORTANT FOR CLASSES WITH TECH ABILITIES:
If your Electronics or Decryption level is at the basic skill, then it will take very long to hack through a terminal or crack a code. If the skill is mastered (At 9 in this case) then you can hack through the same thing almost effortlessly.
NOTE: Your Electronics and Decryption skills will also determine how good you are at creating demolitions explosives (mines, bombs, etc). If you decided to master the skill at 9, you can create military-grade explosives by yourself. If you max the skills at 12 however, you can say that you can "MacGyver" an explosive (creating not-so-crude explosives out of easy-to-obtain objects), but please keep said object creation realistic, sort of like the TV show "Burn Notice."

IMPORTANT: WE WILL NEED A MEDIC.
Our Medic can be any class, but NEEDS to have BOTH First Aid and Medicine (Either can be an extra skill) MAXED in order to take the position of Medic.

MEDICAL NOTES ****IMPORTANT****:
If your First Aid is only at 1-3, you can patch up only your own minor wounds while you are on the ship.

If first aid is 4-6 (like mine is) you can patch yourself up completely when you are on the ship, but can patch up only your minor/slightly bad wounds on the field. How fast you can say you are depends on your skill level in First Aid.

If First Aid OR Medicine is Maxed, then you can patch up yourself, and someone else completely while you are on the field.

If both skills are maxed, you can patch up multiple people at once while on the field, in the middle of battle.

Since this is a text RPG that we create, we can say anything we want. Basically, our "Charm" and "Intimidate" will be set to 12. Since we all have those abilities at that level, there is no need to post them in the sign-up.

Just to answer these questions now, We will obtain the specialization classes (as well as the 6 points needed to max them out) later, so do not worry about them just yet. Also, we are not Spectres, so therefore, no Spectre Training. You can say that you became a Spectre when this is all over, but no becoming a Spectre during this RP.

Now, you do not need to be with my crew from the beginning, as there will be a few things going on at once. I will let whoever signs up choose one of a few locations where they will start the story. Regardless of which of the locations is chosen by you, we will meet up and you will join my crew in time, and we will proceed together. IF YOU ARE A GETH, you can only be on Chasca, or en route to Chasca.

FOR SIGN-UP: CHOOSE A LOCATION:

On board the Ravenheart
Inside the Batarian Ship Factory (Batarians Only)
Inside the Batarian Ship Factory's Prison
On the planet Chasca preparing for the battle
On the Citadel, about to leave for the Planet Chasca
On board a troop transport en route to Chasca

IF YOU ARE ON THE RAVENHEART: Please state whether you are for or against Saul's plan to infiltrate the Batarian Prison/Ship factory, as I will incorporate that into the first story post.

Now, for those that would wonder, I don't want everyone running around with Colossus X Armor and Spectre X weapons, so I'd like to create a few balance mechanics. First of all, since we are not Spectres, SPECTRE WEAPONS ARE NOT ALLOWED. You can choose whatever weapons and armor you'd like, class permitting. Now, the armors and weapons do not have stats, but rather, each type of armor instead has certain strengths and weaknesses, as you can see below:

Light Armor:
Strength: Biotic/Tech Protection
Average: Shields
Weakness: Damage Protection
Recommended Strategy: Support, throw Biotics or Tech mines from behind. Close range combat possible, but not recommended.

Medium Armor:
Strength: Shields
Average: Damage Protection
Weakness: Biotic/Tech Protection
Recommended Strategy: Backup the frontline or support line, whichever needs help

Heavy Armor:
Strength: Damage Protection
Average: Shields
Weakness: Biotic/Tech Protection
Recommended Strategy: Frontline Tanking

RULES REGARDING ARMOR:
Keep to your class. Soldier-type classes are the only ones who can equip Heavy Armor, Ifiltrators, Vanguards, and Soldiers can equip Medium Armor, everyone can quip Light Armor unless you are a Krogan, which brings us to this:

KROGAN ARMOR: There is an exception to the above rule if you are a Krogan. If you are a Krogan, the lowest you can equip is Medium Armor, seeing as there is no Krogan Light Armor. So to go around this, if you are a Krogan Adept, Engineer, or Sentinel, you can only Equip Medium Armor. If you are a Krogan Soldier, Infiltrator or Battlemaster (Vanguard), you can equip Medium or Heavy Armor.

Next, with regard to weapons, since the weapons don't have stats, you can choose whichever one you like. But be mindful however, that just like in the game, certain brands of weapons are better in some respects than others, while the others are better in other respects than the certain brand. For example:

Armax Arsenal weapons have slightly more accuracy and shots before overheat with expense to damage per shot.

Rosenkov Materials weapons deal a little more damage per shot with expense to accuracy and shots before overload

Kassa Fabrication Weapons are between these two, better accuracy and shots before overload when compared to the Rosenkov weapons, but not as good in those areas as the Armax weapons. Similarly, while not as strong per shot as the Rosenkov Weapons, the Kassa weapons pack more per-shot-punch than the Armax weapons.

See, the weapons you choose will dictate your fighting style (i.e. Accuracy over power, power over accuracy, or all-around). Make sense?

MODS: Mods are legal, but you can only equip them to weapons you are trained with. You can have 3 WEAPON MODS PER WEAPON like you do in the game, and 2 ARMOR MODS for your armor, like you do in the game. The mods are set in stone during missions, and can only be changed while on the ship, so choose wisely. The only mods I will allow to be changed on the fly are Shredder Rounds to Tungsten rounds and vice-versa, as they are too situational to only use one. Again, these only really affect your stories in what you can say you can do

IMPORTANT: You can also choose a type of subweapon that you can use in your posts. The subweapon can be Grenades, a Bayonet, or other Melee Weapon. Of course, your choice is up to you. You can create a subweapon to use, but if you do that, it will be subject to approval.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: The topic moves forward when the person running the story posts, and the participating players respond. Of course, slight deviation and conversationmaking in character are fine. I hope to work out all of the ins, outs, kinks of progression, and hopefully you guys will catch on and know what to do soon.

GUIDELINES: This is an RP in the Mass Effect universe. However, this takes place after the events of Mass Effect so no one plays any character from the game. (There is a canon Shepard that they created with a list on who he is, background, choices, etc. But I have no idea where that list is.) You create an original character of your choosing based on the set list of instructions that Green Scythe listed in the link above.

You Roleplay however you want based on how your character is like. Be it if they are funny or serous. Just keep in mind the following.

1. Be realistic in your posting. You can't post the most random things just to detour the group. Play your character as He/She is in the Mass Effect Universe

2. No God Mode. You can't play like an all mighty character like Master Chief who can take and ignore bullets and make the enemies fall like dominos. You have to roleplay the way your character reacts to the situation in a tactical manner. We role play like we're playing on the insanity mode of difficulty. Think of it like you are playing a Tom Clancy game and you can only take a few hits before you are out for the count if you don't receive medical Aid.

3. Just have fun with it. We are all Mass Effect fans here, play in it.

Oh, and to reiterate...

Please, please, please, NO GOD-MODDING. God-modding is not tolerated, and if I see it, I will ask you to stop. If you do not stop I will ask you to leave. If you do not leave willingly, BANHAMMER!.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://effettodimassa.board-directory.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:19 am

Now that the rules are out of the way, here is the position list. When you sign up, choose a position and a room. If we have openings, you may be able to take more than one position.

Valkyrie Staff:
Commanding Officer - Saul Franklin (Green Scythe)
Executive Officer - Anarchus Kryik (BlazingSword93)
Pilot - Riahr Kirrahe (contown)
Navigator - Aylena Nentilus (Giant_Panda)
Head Engineer - Reign T’sumaraki (kingmacrae)
Assistant Engineer - Allan Jacobs (Sheridanmoviegu)
Weapons Captain (Fires the unmanned weapons) – Vyniliexas Dhaeliath (ForumAura)
Weapons Captain Assistant - Ayame Kuroskai (Jaryu1)
Turret Operator 1 -
Turret Operator 2 -
Turret Operator 3 - Darius Archos (E****isnoob)
Turret Operator 4 -
Turret Operator 5 -
Turret Operator 6 -
Tail Sniper - Auoric Narsia (Reaper_07)
Tail Sniper Assistant #1 (Enemy Presence) -
Tail Sniper Assistant #2 (Communications and Reporter) -
Mako/Fighter Pilot - Leon Sentarious (Antfarmitar)
Bartender - Terra Clarke (MysticKnight01)
Head Chef -
Assistant Chef 1 -
Assistant Chef 2 -
Manager of Training Halls -
Head Medic - Ros O'Donnell (Wonder_Bred)
Demolitions Expert - Jacob Rose (Darththeo)
Demolitions Assistant - Leon Sentarious (Antfarmitar)
Weapons Engineer - Karsakien Fivrelm (Wikikiwis)
Merchant (Manager of Armory/Requisitions) - Elouera Cross (Topaz Kitsune)
Merchant Assistant - Galtod Hyrati (rowdyoctopus1)
Record Keeper - Elouera Cross (Topaz Kitsune)
============
(((Training Hall)))
Training Area (Located on Deck 4)
Training Area Staff :
Training Area Manager – Saul Franklin (Green Scythe)
Head Judge - Saul Franklin (Green Scythe)
Judge 2 -
Judge 3 -
Judge 4 -
Judge 5 -

Department of Security :
Security Room (Located on Deck 4, Basics, TV screens, etc.)
Security Room (Located on Deck 5, connects to Brig, VCRs for Recording, Emergency weapons)
Brig
Interrogation Room
Dept. of Security Staff :
Head of Security - Derrick Crowe (azrael2514)
Assistant Head of Security - Auron Grey (xxTobixx)
Security Guard 1 - Jheyva Ne’Vale (AngryVegan)
Security Guard 2 - Ayame Kuroskai (Jaryu1)
Interrogator (Bad Cop) - Vyniliexas Dhaeliath (ForumAura)
Interrogator (Good Cop) - Derrick Crowe (azrael2514)

Antagonist - Yggdri Mursai (FightingCheese)

==========

Deck #5:
Room 501 - Anarchus Kryik (BlazingSword93)
Room 502 - Aylena Nentilus (Giant_Panda)
Room 503 - Auoric Narsia (Reaper_07)
Room 504 - Vyniliexas Dhaeliath (ForumAura)
Room 505 -
Room 506 -Terra Clarke (MysticKnight01)
Room 507 -
Room 508 - Allan Jacobs (Sheridanmoviegu)
Room 509 -
Room 510 - Ros O'Donnell (Wonder_Bred)

Deck #6:
Room 601 - Galtod Hyrati (rowdyoctopus1)
Room 602 - Riahr Kirrahe (contown)
Room 603 - Darius Archos (E****isnoob)
Room 604 - Jacob Rose (Darththeo)
Room 605 -
Room 606 - Elouera Cross (Topaz Kitsune)
Room 607 -
Room 608 -
Room 609 -
Room 610 - ***Auron Grey (xxTobixx)***

Deck #7:
Room 701 - Reign T’sumaraki (kingmacrae)
Room 702 - Leon Sentarious (Antfarmitar)
Room 703 -
Room 704 -
Room 705 - Jheyva Ne’Vale (AngryVegan)
Room 706 -
Room 707 -
Room 708 - Karsakien Fivrelm (Wikikiwis)
Room 709 - Derrick Crowe (azrael2514)
Room 710 - Ayame Kuroskai (Jaryu1)

IMPORTANT: If you are from Gamefaqs and are still using your character, but have changed usernames, please let us know so that we may attach your character to the correct username.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:41 am

Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles Pt. 4 Recap:

At the conclusion of Chapter 1, Saul and crew finally lay eyes on their new flagship: the VLRE 0391, a trillion-credit Batarian prototype vessel. Before they are able to claim their prize, however, Ecklan Mal’Ercies, a fiendish Batarian, and a monstrous security mech step in and challenge the entire crew for the rights to the most advanced cruiser in the galaxy. The hellish battle ends when Riahr, with the technical help from Allan and Reign and the combat-skilled soldiers, initiates the ship’s weapons systems for the first time and disintegrate the opposition.

Once the bird takes flight, Saul orders a bombing run over the Batarian factory. After three passes, the structure is reduced to molten nothingness. The VLRE exits Maraq IV’s atmosphere with Saul’s crew commandeering it for it’s maiden voyage.

It is not long, however, until Batarian warships give chase. The VLRE speeds to the nearest Relay with it’s pursuers on its tail, makes the jump, and arrives at it’s destination bruised and burnt from the never-before-heard-of battle that ensued mid-jump. Finally, the powerful cannons of the batarian ships slice through the VLRE’s hull and send it careening down into the warring atmosphere of Chasca…

Meanwhile, groundside on Chasca, Auoric, Darius, Vynx, Anarchus, Ros, and Terra fight off impossible numbers of Geth. There is not a ray of hope until a damaged ship cuts most noticeably across the horizon, plummeting to the ground. The Citadel forces, composed of the warrior Turians and the medical humans, have no choice but to take the risk and recover whom or whatever the downed ship may provide; the tide of battle is slowly turning grim, and help must be obtained no matter what the cost.

Not long after plunging ungracefully into the warring lands of Chasca is Saul’s crew assaulted by Geth forces. Occupied with assessing and repairing the ship’s many injuries and ridding it of tracking devices, the crew barely takes down their enemies. And now they must make sure that their desperate, incoming Citadel visitors do not have intentions or make any discoveries that will impede their progress…
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 pm

Wonder Bred

Citadel Camp

(Two injured turians were given to the medics while Vynx was talking to us at the beginning of part 5. Tauren and Vesper? I believe. Terra took Vesper and told me to take the other one. I don’t remember who handed them off, but this is the post I was working on when the first mod occurred.)

He saw the injured being ushered his way, and broke his stare with the yelling turian in front of him. The injured were given to the medics and Ros gave a nod of confirmation to Terra as she took Vesper(?) while he took the other a short distance and had him lay down, giving him some separation from Vynx.

“I’m going to get you patched up. Your name?” He asked, taking a set of vitals.

“Tauren.” He responded. His face wincing with the pain.

“You look a little banged up Tauren. I’d ask what happened. But I’d say you’ve been shot a few times.” Ros said showing a brief smile as he looked at the turian. “Don’t take that wrong. But it’s the answer I usually get when in combat. You don’t look as bad as some. Breathe deep for me.” Tauren did so and yelled out as Ros pushed in just bellow his ribs. Scanning his body revealed the cause of the sudden pain. Though most of the projectiles had missed the vital organs, one had punctured his stomach. But, this makes you a little worse. His blood would become infected if left unattended, causing a severe infection throughout the entire body. Pulling out his supplies, he administered medi-gel and a sterilizing substance to the injured area and damaged organ. Checking that the infection was under control Ros gave a satisfied nod.

He patched up the remaining wounds and administered a stimulant pack to help him recover. He tugged at the turians armor. “Can you get your armor checked out?”

“Not at this point.” Tauren said.

“I understand. You’ll need new armor when all is said and done though. If you can get a hold of a medical exoskeleton, I would recommend it.” Ros had him stand up and patted Tauren on the shoulder. “Keep it up.”

Having finished with Tauren, Ros headed back to the other turians. Erin had her rifle out and at the ready. He could tell she was ready to get a move on. She turned to Ros and Terra. “We need to get moving. We need to get to the downed ship.” She glanced over her shoulder at the turians conversing behind her.

As Ros looked towards them, he asked “Any word from our squad?”

Erin glanced at Ros and then at Terra. “Nothing so far. I didn’t see any of them come through the med-bay though. They’re probably holding up well enough.”

A look of frustration came onto his face when he heard this. He hated not knowing the condition of those in his squad. However, he knew they had to get to the downed ship. That was the task at hand. The words he’d learned to live by “That others may live.” settled any dispute. Whoever went down, they were going to need help and he was going to give it to them. He hoped Erin was right. The rest of the squad were probably holding up fine.

They approached the group of turians. “We’re ready to head out.” Ros said. He gave Vynx a nod. Even though he hated her attitude, he had to work with her now. After this conflict however, odds were pretty good he wouldn’t be seeing her again.

ForumAura

Citadel Encampment

Caught off guard, Vynx swayed to the side as Darius roughly pushed past her. Her grip on her Brawler instinctively tightened as a red-hot flare of anger swept over her. Her mind began to spin a nasty string of curses in retaliation, but she silenced it as he brought forth his injured acquaintances. Silently, however, she still glowered at him. I won’t make another excuse to quell my anger at his actions; once more and I won’t bite my tongue.

She turned her back on Darius quickly, feathers still ruffled by his behavior. To distract herself, she focused on Jax and the one he had called “Lithius”. The dry, darkened blood on Jax’s armor stood out in her mind.

“You’re not injured yourself, are you?” She asked Jax.

“No, no,” He replied quickly, glancing at the blood caked onto his armor. “It’s not mine,” He said in a solemn tone.

“You were helping the medics.” Vynx inferred.

“Yeah.” Jax sighed, then began to idly fidget with his gloved hands. “We lost a few after the humans left.”

Vynx felt a pang of sorrow for the young Turian. Death was a shocking experience, especially for new recruits. And quite often, they made the mistake of thinking there was something they could have done differently to prevent it.

Just as she was about to speak, the middle-aged Lithius placed a hand on Jax’s shoulder, making an attempt to comfort him. “You did more than was expected of you. You did well.”

Vynx was happy Lithius had taken the initiative; he had spoken better than she could have with an “It happens.”

A cry from the other side of the room caught Vynx’s attention. She turned to see the male human working over Darius's recruit. A rush of ice sped through her veins; seeing her own kind suffer caused her blood to run cold.

Vynx nearly jumped as her com abruptly crackled. Auoric’s voice was transmitted through the internal speakers.

“…Your approach to the hangar is clear, but I’ll rendezvous with you half way as a precaution.”

“We’re on our way,” Vynx replied. “Eight all together. Anarchus is not with us.”

“Understood. Sorik will be waiting for us in the hangar.”

The com line died. Vynx nodded to Jax and said, “It’s time,” just as the team finished with their exams. The tiny burst of adrenaline caused by Auoric's sudden transmission wore off, leaving her slightly weary. She was beginning to tire, and her biotics would chip away at her energy stores significantly.

The male human who had treated Tauren approached and said, “We’re ready to head out.”

Vynx shot a look at Tauren. He was standing and seemed rid of the pain he had come with. She looked back to the human. “Good. Ready your weapons,” She said passively.

Changing her mind, she holstered her pistol and grabbed her shotgun. A thought had crossed her mind. “Jax, did they sweep this place for those hoppers?”

“They did, and they found more. Dead now, of course,” Jax said.

“Well…” She trailed off, checking her shotgun to make sure the sledgehammer rounds were engaged, “Be ready for more.”

In the next few seconds, Vynx linked with Darius and Jax. Their names glowed blue in her HUD. Though still a bit irritated by his earlier actions, she stepped up to Darius and asked, “Did you see the entrance to the medical center?”

“Your work, I assume?” He remarked.

She brushed what she took as his sarcastic witticism off. “Those were accurate shots. These Geth are fast. I’d get an automatic or close-range ready, just in case. We meet with Auoric halfway.”

Vynx looked around at the assembled team. Everything looked good.

“Alright, let’s move out! Keep your eyes open for any distortions on the walls or ceilings. We may have company.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:59 pm

Green Scythe

***AT THE CRASH SITE***

"Any new developments down below?" I asked through the com-link. "We've put out most of the fires, so its pretty quiet right here. How's it looking Kirrahe?"

I was standing with various crewmembers, applying Omni-Gel to a gaping hole in the ship's hull. While not a permanent (or pretty) fix, it would easily last until we got home. While most of us were outside cleaning up, several of us were still inside taking damage reports, and keeping a surveillance watch on the battle taking place just a few kilometers away. Despite all of our efforts, we were far from finished.

"The turians disappeared into the main building," Said Riahr. "And they haven't come out for the past fifteen minutes and twenty-two seconds."

"Maybe their request for a transport was denied?" Said Reign from the engine room.

"Possible." Replied the Salarian. "But as I am sure you know, it takes longer than five minutes to requisition a ship for use, especially in a situation like this."

"But we do know that that's what they're trying to do." Said Allan, also from the engine room. "If we don't see a ship lifting off in about... I'd say an hour...--"

"They're probably plowing through enough red tape to choke a rhino." Said Leon, right next to me. "We'll be off this rock before they even find a ship that the higher-ups'll let them use. Believe me."

"We are making good time." I said. "But we can't get cocky; we need to keep working!"

I snapped my fingers.

"Torch!" I said, prompting J.R. to move in with his omni-tool's torch function.

"Don't get cocky he says..." remarks Allan to Elouera, over a private channel. "Riiiiight."

"The Citadel is definitely losing the battle." Said Aylena after a pause. The Asari was standing on top of the ship's head, and so she had a near bird's eye view of the action at the mountain's base. "I have to say that I find that a little bit... disturbing."

Another pause.

"Do you not agree?" she finished.

As she said this, there was no response at first. Some of us were too absorbed in the work, while the rest of us were sensing the same thing.

"...Let's not think about that." I said, hesitating at first. "All I know is that WE need to get out of here. So just stay focused!"

We continued to work, and then after about three seconds of peace and quiet, a certain Krogan decided to open his trap.

"You think we'll have to deal with more Geth?" Asked Fivrlem. "What're the odds of them sending another ship?"

"I say its likely." Said Derrick. "We managed to hold back the advance of that last group, so if I know Geth--"

"Its going to happen." Said Ayame. "I guaran-damn-tee you that those mechanical bastards think that we're getting tired. We managed to beat that last group, so you can bet your ass that they're definitely going to try and turn this into a war of attrition."

I swallowed, putting my arms up to the hull and pressing against it. To me, the prospect of another Geth assault was a very disturbing thought.

"I pray that that doesn't happen." Said Jheyva, shaking her head.

***MEANWHILE, INSIDE THE MAIN CITADEL ENCAMPMENT***

Vynx and her cadre continue to walk down the hallway, until they eventually meet up with Auoric. The veteran scout stands in front of the others with his handpicked squad, as well as a mysterious human, clad in heavy Onyx armor.

Auoric introduces the human as Jonas Hawkwind. As Auoric was looking for a transport, he had to speak to several of the hangar supervisors in order to examine his options. Predictably fearing retribution from the powers-that-be, all of the supervisors expressed much disinterest upon hearing of the turian's intentions. Fortunately however, one of the supervisors (a human) sympathized with Auoric, also believing that investigating the crash site was the best thing to do. Despite being unable to give Auoric the ship, the man wanted to assist the Turian in some way. Knowing that Auoric could use some extra firepower on his mission, the supervisor called in for a contact of his from C-Sec, who also happened to be on Chasca. That contact was Jonas, who had not been deployed for battle yet. Clearing things up with Jonas's superiors turned out to be simple, and Jonas met up with Auoric just as he found a ship he could use.

After the group got re-acquainted, everyone turned around to the sound of footsteps. The sounds were coming from Anarchus Kryik, as well as his friend, Regault, and evaluator, Balmus. After a short lecture on punctuality, the group boarded the small dropship, preparing to move.

***MEANWHILE, SOMEWHERE IN THE MOUNTAIN RANGE NEAR THE VLRE CRASH SITE***

Unit Forty Two walks around the perimeter of the mercenary ship's remains. After examining the wreckage closely, it determines that there is nothing it can do by itself as it is. Thinking logically, the remodeled Geth opts to search the landscape for help.

***MEANWHILE, ON BOARD THE NOW MOVING DROPSHIP***

Auoric and the others sit quietly inside, as the pilot moves quickly towards the crash site. While everyone understands that they must make haste, everyone is also willing to spend a few more minutes to assure that the small dropship will not be detected by the Geth.

"So we're going to investigate that ship that went down, right?" Asked Jonas. "Are we sure that it was Citadel?"

"We saw what looked like a firefight earlier." Began Anarchus. "A Geth ship got shot down over the site. So yes."

"So they're not going to try and kill us." joked Jonas. "Cool."

"Unless the Geth decide to mount another assault." Said Darius.

"Which shouldn't happen." Said Jax. "They're too occupied with our main forces. Besides, that last assault lasted pretty long. I don't think they'll want to spare the forces."

"And with that said." Added Auoric. "We don't know how much damage was done between the crash and the Geth attack. So Ros, Terra, and the rest of you: we're glad that you came."

"Glad to help." Said Ros.

"So what's the plan?" Asked Terra.

"Bad news." Interrupted the pilot. "We've got Geth climbing up the mountain."

"What?" Asked Vynx.

"We've got two forces." Continued The turian pilot. "They're both coming from opposite directions."

To this, Auoric put his hand on his chin, obviously thinking.

"We're going to split up." He said. "We will need to eliminate the Geth before we can search for survivors. If we let them get inside the basin, it could give them a terrain advantage."

"Who's going where?" Asked Erin.

"Vynx." Began Auoric. "You and your squad will drop down first with Anarchus and his team. You will all push up the left side of the mountain and fight your way to the basin. My hope is that you will be able to attack the Geth from behind. Is that clear?"

"Yes." Said Anarchus.

"Perfectly." Added Vynx.

"Jonas." Continued the scout. "You and the rest of the humans are with me. We will drop at the other side of the mountain and do the same thing."

"Fun." Said Jonas.

"I'll be ready." Said Ros.

"Did you get all that?" Auoric asked the pilot.

"I did." He replied. "The first drop will be in a few minutes. I trust the first fireteam is ready?"

While the others were answering however, Darius looked outside, at the point where Vynx and him would be dropping down. Immediately, he could make out several Geth figures quickly climbing up the side of the mountain. He walked to the front of the ship, and identified his enemies:

***BOSS BATTLE - RESCUE SQUAD 1 (Upon dropping)***

Geth Colossus (X3)
Geth Armature (X1)
Geth Destroyer (X1)
Geth Shock Trooper (X2)
Geth Sniper (X1)
Geth Trooper (X2)
Geth Hopper (X3)
Geth Ghost (X2)

***MEANWHILE, AT THE VLRE CRASH SITE***

"Jacobs!" I said over the Com-Link, "What are you seeing?"

"You're not going to be surprised Saul," began my comrade, "but we've got Geth coming up the mountain, and we're also confirming that thing to be a Citadel ship. It just dropped some troops to fight the Geth."

"Dammit..." I said. "They're quick - I'll give them that! Well if they're smart, they'll drop two teams: one on each side--"

"Saul!" Said McClay quickly. "Its moving!"

I look up, to see that the Citadel ship has dropped off less than a dozen troops into the Geth on the mountain. After assuring that the troops had made a safe landing, the ship powered up its engines again, and flew over to us.

"TAKE COVER!" I said. "SCATTER!!!"

***MEANWHILE, ON THE DROPSHIP***

"I see activity down there." Said Auoric, looking through a camera. "There are definitely survivors, and they aren't Geth... but... I've never seen that design of ship before."

"We're ready when you are." Said Ros.

"So we just charge up the hill and meet the others in the basin?" Asked Terra.

"Yes." Said Auoric. "If we neglect one side, then there is a chance that the Geth will reach our destination before us."

"We're approaching your Drop-off zone." Said the pilot. "Prepare for deployment!"

"Its time." Said Jonas. "Lets go!"

The hatch opens on the underside of the ship, allowing Auoric's team to deploy. Upon their landing, they are immediately greeted by a squad of unfriendly looking Geth.

***BOSS BATTLE - RESCUE SQUAD 2***

Geth Colossus (X2)
Geth Armature (X1)
Geth Juggernaut (X1)
Geth Destroyer (X3)
Geth Shock Trooper (X5)
Geth Sniper (X1)
Geth Trooper (X2)

FORTY TWO: YOU SEE LIGHTS FLICKERING IN A BASIN IN THE DISTANCE. THINKING THAT SOMEONE THERE CAN HELP, YOU DECIDE TO MAKE YOUR WAY OVER THERE.

RESCUE TEAMS: FIGHT YOUR WAY UP TO THE BASIN, AND TO THE DOWNED SHIP INSIDE.

SHIP CREW: DECISION TIME - DO YOU HELP THE INCOMING CITADEL TROOPS, OR DO YOU LET THEM FEND FOR THEMSELVES?

Help: 1
Let the Fire Burn: 0
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:01 am

ForumAura

Chasca, Recovery Team 1

Touchdown was not a welcoming sight. Vynx, Darius, Anarchus, Balmus, Regalt, Tauren, Vesper, and Jax were deployed in the heart of a hot-zone and each bolted to a natural cover - a trench, the nook of a small drop-off, behind a large slab of rock. She and Jax slid behind the cover of a recently freed chunk of mountain while Darius and his party dove into a trench-like recess. Still further away was Anarchus and his men, already firing on the enemy from behind a variation in the mountain's face.

There were a few over a dozen contacts. Already the battle was a heated one, even without the lower-ground disadvantage. Vynx did a quick-peek to get a visual on her targets further up the mountain, and the instant she pulled her head back into cover, plasma projectiles rushed past the place she had been an instant ago.

"They've got Colossi," Vynx said with mock enthusiasm.

"Those tank things?" Jax asked, the dread evident in his voice.

"A bigger ver-."

A rocking explosion cratered the ground several yards away from Jax. The blue shock wave of the Colossus's charge pressed against his shields and knocked him off balance. Vynx shot out and managed to grab his upper arm to steady him. "That was a Colossus!" Vynx shouted to him over the tumult of gunfire.

Jax's omni-tool glowed to life on his right arm. With his back still pressed against their coverage, he leaned his upper body out into the open and shot an Overload at the enemy. The telltale shattering and static sound marked an accurate shot, and Vynx leaned out to take her turn. Her shotgun wasn't very effective at this range, but she did spark the blue kinetic shields of a handful of geth.

Retreating back to cover, Vynx peered over at the rest of the team. At that moment, the one she did not recognize with Darius's team unleashed an ear-splitting shot from his sniper rifle, what she guessed was the equivalent to her Brawler's marksman function. A few seconds later, as if on cue, the white corpse of an elite geth trooper rolled down the slope.

Vynx switched for her pistol and took a deep breath. Her body slowly built up a blue aura as she gained voluntary control of her wearied nervous system. She tapped Jax's elbow with the back of her hand. "Get ready!"

He glanced at her and, seeing her biotics ready to go, slammed a fist into the side of his Breaker to activate Overkill. Vynx stepped from cover, acquired a target (the nearest was the familiar figure of a Geth Hopper), and unleashed her attack on it, lifting her palm and simultaneously lifting the jumpy bastard into the air. Churning helplessly in Vynx's self-created hell of zero gravity, Jax fired mercilessly at the Geth, shot after furious shot tearing chunks out of its body. A few cooperative shots from her Brawler later and the Geth dropped to the ground in a mangled, white-blooded pulp.

Feeling a small tingle still residing in her implants, Vynx again retreated behind cover to collect her strength. She watched as Jax's kinetic barriers took more and more punishment as the seconds drug by.

Finally, having summoned enough power, Vynx stepped out of cover on Jax's side and zeroed in on a very close Geth. The trooper was engaging Jax, and just as his AR broke down it's shields, Vynx pummeled it with a powerful throw. The brunt of the force, hitting where the synthetic's neck met it's body, caved in the armor, snapped it's head back much too forcefully, and slammed it's back into the sloping ground so hard that luminescent chips of it's blue armor were left behind in the wake. The trooper rebounded off the ground once from inertia, then slumped over dead.

Vynx staggered back behind cover, her shoulders heaving with each breath. Another charge from one of the Colossi slammed into the reverse side of their cover, causing bits of rock and dirt to rain down on them. Pull it together, Vynx! She told herself, internally fighting back the intense fatigue that threatened to overtake her.

Kills:
Vesper: 1 Geth Shock Trooper
Vynx/Jax: 1 Geth Hopper, 1 Geth Trooper

(Remaining:
Geth Colossus (X3)
Geth Armature (X1)
Geth Destroyer (X1)
Geth Shock Trooper (X1)
Geth Sniper (X1)
Geth Trooper (X1)
Geth Hopper (X2)
Geth Ghost (X2))
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 am

Contown

Getting swarmed by geth only a few minutes after you take off? Not a very well performed reconnaissance mission. Riahr thought as he watched the battle between the citadel forces and the geth begin. But the odds certainly didn’t look good for the citadel. We just defeated a geth squad roughly the same size as the one they are fighting, but we did so with larger numbers and the help of a cannon meant to destroy starships. If we move in to help them and they figure out that we are pirates, we could be captured. But if we do not help them, their chances of survival are slim.

Riahr slowly rose from his seat and made his way out of the ship. In the distance, he could see the flashes of light and fire of the battle. After a few seconds, he spoke up. “Saul, if we do nothing, they will most likely die. But if we save their lives, we could gain their trust, and that will help us get off of this planet safely. I say we go.”
(Help +1)

Help: 2
Let the fire burn: 0

Ebaumisnoob

Fighting the Geth...Again.

Darius cursed as he struggled to unholster his long-barrel Brawler, the handle's magnetic lock refusing to disengage. When he finally yanked it from it's holster, three Geth automatons had been downed, and Darius was already startting to feel left behind in the race for an impressive killcount. He pops out of cover to suppressive hail of shots before selecting his target: A Shock Trooper left in the open. As soon as he activated his Marksman aid, he squeezed off ten shots at the beached Geth, the last one breaking the shields and caving its synthetic skull inwards. He then focused on another Shock Trooper, managing to pop it's shields and put a dent in its chest before the concentrated laser of a Geth sniper barreled through his shields, striking his right shoulder and sending him sliding into open ground. He snarls, as Vesper yanks him back into cover, thankful that his right arm still works after that hit.

1 shock trooper killed, 1 injured, Darius is without shields

Jaryu 1

Ayame; Hey kid can my shoulder take firing a sniper rifle. I think those Citadel group are going to need help.
(Help +1)

Help: 3

Reign_Tsumaraki

"Yeah, your arm can take firing a rifle. The tissue is sealed up and you got painkillers in you, you should be fine. And I think we should head up there. We've already taken this squad of geth out easily, and if they're dead when we get there, at least we get some armor and weapons."

Jaryu 1

Ayame: Kid I don't think these soldiers are as well trained in small group battle as us pirates. All I need to do is find a nice sniper position. If we attack there back side while the other groups are fighting them head on we should win this fight in no time.

Wikikiwis
"Lets save some puny turian ass only because i NEED to kil some more geth! ahahaha!"
(Help +1)

Help: 4

Mushufasa 49

Scanning... my sensors are showing a distress beacon in the valley over that ridge. It would be logical to assess the situation at the site of the beacon, Forty Two processed. The wreckage from the ship was still smoldering. Its highest priority task, finding Azul, would have to wait until this situation was resolved. The Geth increased magnification in its vision, and saw gunfire and explosions on both sides of the basin.

Perhaps, Forty Two thought, I can acquire assistance for the objective of terminating Azul De' Liar from one of the parties of this engagement. It examined its weapons, making sure all guns weren't overheating prematurely and that its SMMA was fully functioning. Having double checked its equipment, Forty Two sprinted towards the battleground. It spotted a party of what appeared to be Turians fighting a large troupe of Geth.

What poor souls, still limited in their individuality, Forty Two thought, regarding the Geth trooopers. The Geth will only attempt to eliminate me, so I must assist the Turians if I have any hope in achieving the first priority task.

Setting second priority task...

Set. Assist Turians in military engagement. Moving out to eliminate hostiles.

It spotted a sniper high on the ridge not under any pressure. It could be eliminated quickly and efficiently without drawing too much attention. Forty Two creeped up the sides of the battle perimeter, taking extra care to not be seen by the sniper. It dashed to a rock parallel to the snipers position and drew its pistol. It had never actually fought a Geth before, but if the simulations were within seventy eight percent accuracy, one sniper shouldn't be too much trouble.

Forty Two dashed as fast as possible at the sniper, unloading fire from its Edge pistol with its left hand as it neared. The shields on the sniper quickly dissipated, and before it could react fast enough a shot on its shoulder threw off its aim and caused the sniper to miss Forty Two.

One mistake was enough. Forty Two activated the SMMA, grabbed the sniper by its torso, and pierced through the synthetic. White connective fluid poured out of the gaping wound as the power drained from the sniper. Two Geth ghost units had turned around and spotted their comrade having a new hole installed. Forty Two activated its biotics and Threw the two ghosts a fair distance to the sideline.

I've drawn too much attention! I must confirm myself as an ally with the Turians and develop a battle scheme, and at the same time finding more suitable cover. It spotted a purple Turian, possible biotic. The black Geth sprinted across the battlefield, its body almost a moving blur as it picked up speed and momentum. Some more hostile Geth began realizing what was going on and began firing on Forty Two.

Shields at critical, but I'm almost there it processed. Realizing that a crossfire might be possible as it neared the Turian front lines, Forty Two holstered its pistol, put its hands above its head, and adjusted its speakers to maximum and shouted ,"FRIENDLY UNIT ADVANCING, FRIENDLY UNIT ADVANCING! DO NOT ENGAGE!" The bullets from the Geth deflected off its shields, but many were missing simply due to Forty Two's speed.

Shields down! Evasive maneuver required!

It had reached the purple Turian! Forty Two took cover next to her. It turned its flashlight head towards the female Turian, lowered its volume and said, "I am Experimental Biotic Attack Unit Forty Two, requesting permission to lend its assistance in this engagement."

Kills: 1 Sniper

Wounded: 2 Geth Ghosts thrown down

Remaining:
Geth Colossus (X3)
Geth Armature (X1)
Geth Destroyer (X1)
Geth Shock Trooper (X1)
Geth Trooper (X1)
Geth Hopper (X2)
Geth Ghost (X2))

Status of Forty Two: Throw recharging, shields down

Reaper_07

Disembarking from the hovering shuttle, Auoric and his squad rolled too soften their landing before digging themselfs in behind the various spear shaped rocks that littered the ridge. The task of reaching the basin over the ridge would be a grueling ordeal, Uphill firefights where difficult enough without the geth bearing down on them, he could only hope that if the crew of the downed ship where friendly they would lend their support.

Throwing himself into cover behind a large sand stone rock with Sorik, He began too calm himself and take in his surroundings, steadying his breathing he noted that Ross and the other humans occupied a rock formation slightly further down the ridge than them across what seemed too be a river of loose shale, That could come in handy .

leaning at a slight angle and using his peripheral vision too scout the peak of the ridge, he was able too conceal the majority of his frame and avoid the volleys of rifle fire that spat the dirt up around them and tore chunks from the various mounds of rock used by the citadel squads as cover. Bringing himself in closer too the rocks center too avoid a strafe of fire that tore the dirt next too them he sprang into action.

Turning too face the peak of the ridge he brought his rifle too bear and gave his orders

"Aim for the Armature, Take out its leg, bring it down the shale!"

His order was met with the sounds of gunfire as the projectiles climbed the dirt and crepted toward their target before devastating the armatures shield and exposing its weak joints, Auoric and Sorik took the advantage and fired at its front limbs tearing through its armor plating before sheering the synthetic limb clear off in a shower of sparks.

The Armature lost its balance and came tumbling down the fast shale crushing a group of geth that fought in its shadow, it continued too pick up speed as it moved forward.

"Get down, Brace yourselfs!"

The wise words could'nt have come sooner, as soon as Ross and Terra had dug in the armature plummeted into the back of their cover and launched over head, continuing down the ridge. Visibly shaken by the impact the two still managed too smile, and looking toward Auoric they shouted back.

"Who needs heavy weapons huh"

x1 Armature went for a ride
x2 Troopers crushed
x1 Shock trooper crushed

Geth Colossus (X2)
Geth Armature (Destroyed)
Geth Juggernaut (X1)
Geth Destroyer (X3)
Geth Shock Trooper (X4)
Geth Sniper (X1)
Geth Trooper (Destroyed)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:10 am

Ebaumisnoob

Darius could hardly believe what he had just seen: A Geth that was not only friendly, but one that could speak, and recognized common gestures well enough to use them. His first thought was to put a slug into it's head, believing it to be a trap. He lowered his pistol almost instinctively when he realized the thing was talking to Vynx, and he watched it intently, his sheer fascinationwith the thing pushing his awareness of the firefight going on around him to the back of his mind. He sat in cover, staring at the strange scene even as his two soldiers struggled against the hostile Geth.
After a minute or so of fascination, a pained scream threw his mind back to the task at hand. He snapped his head to the right to see Vesper fall backwards, cobalt blood spewing out of a new chest wound caused by an unknown source. Darius stole a annoyed at the soldier, mentally berating him for staying out of cover. However, when he popped out of cover on his own, he found that the effort was not a waste: the one sniper was little more than a sparking pile of scrap, and a pair of shock troops had been caught shieldless and out of cover. He dispensed swift death to those two, firing as fast as his sidearm would allow him, white fluid flowing out of every wound. He ducked behind cover before the dwindling Geth line could focus on him, drawing his emergency medkit from it's spot on his hip as he crawled twoards Vesper.
His wounded squadmate was sprawled out on his back, blood seeping from a two-inch hole in his armor, slowly painting it a deep blue hue. The most he could do for such a wound was a quick patch-up, applying medi-gel around the wound to ease the flow of blood. He was almost annoyed at how easy such a task was with the gel, a simple application did more than anything his first aid training could have. Vesper moaned a bit before thanking him, however, he was in no fighting condition; still struggling to catch his breath, still shocked.

1 Sniper gone, 2 Shock troops gone
Vesper down and out for the fight

Reign_Tsumaraki

"Well...." I said, waiting for a response from the rest of the group, "Anyone want grenades?"

Jaryu 1

Ayame: Kid what would a sniper need nades for.

Contown

"I will have a few." Riahr spoke up. "How exactly did you learn to make these, anyways?"

Reign_Tsumaraki

"Interesting story. Back in the military for one of my training missions my squad was assigned to get through a heavily armed geth bunker. Needless to say, I was the team technician. We encountered a small door that could not be hacked past, so one of my squadmates had an idea. He suggested blowing open the door, but we had no mines or grenades left.

"We looked around and found a large fuel container, but it was so volatile that if it went off it would destroy everything in the room, so we could not shoot it to set it off. I attached a timed electrical charge to it, and assigned my omni-tool as the detonator. We got out of the room, sealed the door, and detonated it, worked like a charm. I next tried to turn the timing systems and power cores of ordinary weapons into small grenades, and it worked. So from that point on I carried the equipment needed to make the modifications so I can make them any time I want, granted that there are weapons and power cores I can scavenge."

Contown

Riahr raised an eyebrow after hearing Reign's story, mildly impressed. "You learn almost as quickly as a Salarian. Almost."

Reign_Tsumaraki

"Haha. I'll take that as a complement."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:13 am

ForumAura

Chasca, Recovery Team 1

Vynx had just won her internal struggle, pulled herself back together, and regained focus on the battle when she swore the hallucinatory symptoms of over exertion were manifesting themselves early. As she was calculating her next shot for the sniper situated farther up the mountainside, an unidentified black mass swept over the hostile Geth. In a flash, the sniper was impaled by the black figure and left in a spewing heap. The site of the brutal killing was vacant a split second later; the unidentified sparing no distractions from the next destination on it's path of destruction.

"Is that a Geth?" Vynx stammered in disbelief and alarm.

"That black thing? It just killed it's own kind!" Jax choked out, apparently having witnessed the same gory exhibition.

So it was a Geth? Vynx's mind raced. For one, that thing was a killing machine, flashlight head and all. Two, it's trajectory would place it here within the next few seconds. Three...

Before Vynx had a chance to complete her analysis, a message blared over the gunfire.

"FRIENDLY UNIT ADVANCING, FRIENDLY UNIT ADVANCING! DO NOT ENGAGE!"

"It's coming!" Jax reported as he pulled behind cover, swinging his assault rifle toward her. Vynx looked to her left and met face-to... face with the shining light of the assailant.

"I am Experimental Biotic Attack Unit Forty Two, requesting permission to lend its assistance in this engagement."

The machine spoke calmly, seemingly assessing Vynx's facial profile. She stared back in shock, jaws gaping for a full two seconds before the cold reality of time and consciousness struck her brain light a bolt of lightning.

Mind lagging behind her body, she stepped in front of the Geth, blocking it's escape route, and instinctively swung the shotgun resting by her waist into an assault position, barrel jammed into the Geth where the sternum would be on an organic creature. Her finger hovered over the trigger as she tried to recall what the machine had said seconds ago.

Biotic attack unit... permission to lend assistance? Everything Vynx had come to know about the Geth formed a barricade in her mind, refusing to let her trust this being. Had she not just witnessed it mercilessly slaughter...

Slaughter what? ...Another Geth, her mind softly spoke reason.

The Geth had been seclusive and silent until they breached the Veil. Ever since, they had been making themselves more than just a nuisance. They were deliberately killing every other sapient species. For what intentions, Vynx did not know. Yet something did not make sense.

Vynx recalled her conversation with her then new acquaintance, Jax, before they descended into the hellish vale where they met Auoric and a platoon of Geth: "And they're not merciful. They never take prisoners. Never fight them with anything less than everything you've got.

Vynx stared into the light of the machine standing before her. She took a step back from the Geth that identified itself as "Unit Forty-Two" but kept her Avalanche level with it's torso. Clearly frightened by the machine, Jax rebuked her actions. "What are you doing!?"

Vynx cautiously lowered her weapon but motioned for Jax to keep his up. She cleared her throat and replied after long last, "Permission granted." She wildly hoped this was a decision she would not regret.

Wonder Bred

He couldn’t suppress the smile. Thank you Auric! Had he not spoken up, Terra and Ros may not have got down in time. He had to keep his head in the combat though. No time for small celebrations. Rounds were flying his way. He took a quick glance in the direction of the fire and saw its source. Squatting, and back against the barrier, Ros looked at his HUD to check his shields and the vitals of his teammates. Everybody in his group was green. He readied an overload and when the peppering of fire stopped, hit the shock trooper that had been targeting him. He began firing his rifle into the trooper, dropping its shields and tearing through its frame. Ros ducked behind his cover as the shock trooper fell to the ground.

Shortly after taking cover again an explosion rocked the ground nearby. He brought his arm up in time to block his face as debris and shrapnel flew his way. As he brought his arm down he felt a burn in his leg. He looked down to find a fresh stain of blood on his already bloodied armor.

“Ah, what the… Somebody kill whatever shot that! You… dirtbag…” He continued his cursing as he pulled out some equipment. He pulled out a piece of shrapnel and went to work on his the small wound. It wasn’t bad, just annoying. Before he could get back to the fight he had to make sure that all the shrapnel was out and that no other damage was done. If they don’t kill it, I will kill it! Irritated, he began the patch work.

X1 Shock Trooper killed
Ros on the mend.

Remaining:
Geth Colossus (x2)
Geth Juggernaut (X1)
Geth Destroyer (X3)
Geth Shock Trooper (X3)
Geth Sniper (X1)
Geth Trooper (Destroyed)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:14 am

Da1337Crow

After deployment, Jonas made quick use of the mountains natural terrain, taking cover behind a boulder head and shoulder taller than him. Once in safeties embrace behind the boulder, he reached over his shoulder and loosed his Assault Rifle. “Mods,” he thought to himself, “check the mods.” Normally he would have checked his weapons twice before stepping foot onto a shuttle, and twice more during the flight. He had been away from the battlefield for to long. He had grown to familiar with twisting arms, and waving pistols in the faces of gutless thugs. He had grown soft and forgetful.

Everything was set the way he wanted. He inhaled deeply, looking up to the sky, looking at nothing in particular, then exhaled. “Here’s hoping I don’t get killed,” he said aloud. Gripping his gun, Jonas took a quick peek from behind his cover and locked his sights on a Shock Trooper. He stepped out from his cover and let loose three five shot bursts from his rifle, all the while the words “aim small, miss small” echoing in his mind. The first ten rounds collapsing the shields of his target, the last five ripping through its synthetic body with the greatest of ease. Unwilling to die silently, the Shock Trooper fired pot shots at Jonas’ position just before collapsing.

Jonas sets his sight on another Shock Trooper and opens fire, watching his shots break the shields of his target like a pin through a bubble. But before he has a chance to finish off his target, something bright catches his attention in his peripheral vision. Out of instinct he jumped back to his cover, an instant later a mass of white plasma streaks past his cover, exploding into a rock mass some twenty meters away from his position, leaving only dust and rubble while bits of debris pelt Jonas from above.

“This isn’t going to be as fun as I though,” Jonas muttered.

Unrelenting shots of plasma kept Jonas pinned down. The Geth had his last know position locked on, and showed no signs of letting up. Little by little the Geth were whittling away the boulder sheltering Jonas. The thunderous blasts of plasma from the Geth tanks sending tremors through the ground as they slammed into the rock mass. “Not good,” Jonas though, “I’m either going to get blown to pieces by one of those ‘Bigs,’ or I’ll get stuck full of debris if I stay here much longer.”

The mountain side was full of natural cover zones, most of which were suitable, but changing positions in a fire fight was always risky. Especially when your enemy knew exactly where you were. Their was nothing for it. He had to move and maybe get killed, or stay idle and certainly be killed. He reached down to the small of his back, and removed two grenades from their harnesses. He set the detonation program from manual to timed. “Five seconds should be enough.” Before starting the timer to picked out the zone he would move to, then he glanced around the side of the boulder to spy out the best places to chuck his grenades.

After picking them out, he set the timer, and threw. The first grenade being tossed to his fore, at the Geth approaching him head on. The other off to the right in an attempt to open the center, and maybe kick up some dust that might hamper the Geths targeting. After hearing the familiar blast he bolted furiously for the zone. He had picked out a cover zone that was down hill a little ways, and adjacent to his current position.

His heart jumped from his chest to his throat. Shields failing and safety within reach, Jonas dropped to his side, sliding to the safety of his new cover zone. Scampering to his feet, he pressed his back to the wall, gulping in the air needed to fill his now exasperated lungs. From here he had a better vantage point. He could see clearly the Geth that were headed for his former position without having to break away from his cover, and he could see the mass of dust and rubble that had once been his cover. Jonas grinned wryly in spite of himself.

But now was a time for action, not kick backs. He took in sight the Geth that was advancing on his former position. A Geth Destroyer damaged from the grenade he used to cover his backside. Still steady on it’s feet, yet covered in white fluids, with sparks flashing fiercely from where it’s right arm had once been. Jonas set the Destroyer in his crosshair, and squeezed off three bursts. The shots slamming into the Destroyer only seemed to irritate it. The Destroyer took sight of Jonas and charged him without hesitation.

Jonas looked up from his rifle in disbelief, checking to make sure he wasn’t seeing crazy through the scope of a rifle. Sure enough, the Destroyer was bearing down on him at full speed. Activating Overkill, Jonas took aim on the tubing connecting the Destroyers legs to it’s torso and fired mercilessly. The hail of Tungston rounds ate through the Destroyers shielding and ripped through the Geths torso. Tripping over it’s own feet, the Geth fell, it’s body skidding to a stop just within arms reach of Jonas. Without a seconds delay Jonas filled the Destroyers head full of holes, quickly ending whatever life there was to an automaton .

Jonas glanced from around his cover for his next target. After a few seconds of picking, he was blinded by a red light. Again, he instinctively retreated back to his cover, an instant later, he heard the deceivingly pathetic sound of a Geth Sniper Rifle. “A sniper!” he said through his teeth,, “Bigs, and a sniper! What’s next, a drop ship?” It was just then that Jonas had realized his shields had dropped to seventeen percent.

He was going to have to start working with the rest of the team if he wanted to make it out of this alive. Which judging by how efficiently the other members of the squad dispatched the Armature, would be a much more sufficient choice than acting like a gung-ho jackass.

1 Geth Destroyer down, Overkill Recharging

Remaining:
Geth Colossus (X2)
Geth Juggernaut (X1)
Geth Destroyer (X2)
Geth Shock Trooper (X2)
Geth Sniper (X1)
Geth Trooper (Destroyed)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:17 am

Mushufasa 49

Forty Two waited for an answer from the Turian, who was staring at it with a look of fear on her face.

Interesting, the Geth thought, judging by my folder of facial expressions, she is 'frightened' by my appearance or perhaps my close proximity to her. Analyzing possible reasons...

1. In shock or disgust by killing of hostile sniper. 2.87%

2. Thinks that I've killed one of her squad mates. 9.32%

3. General hatred and bias towards Geth. 87.81%

Analysis finished. Female Turian, like most organics according to my data banks, has a hatred towards Geth because of their hostility to organics. Seeing as I am a Geth, her reaction is logical. Waiting for input to begin rendering assistance.

Forty Two received an input in the form of a shotgun pressed on its torso. It would be hard to render assistance as two halves of a Geth; however, the female Turian appeared to be thinking over her decision to make a synthetic jigsaw puzzle. She signaled for her male Turian ally to keep his weapon up, but the shotgun was lowered.

"Permission granted."

Excellent, Forty Two thought, setting mission objectives.

1. Procure identification of allies.

2. Assess combat situation.

3. Formulate plan of attack.

4. Execute

"Affirmative," Forty Two stated to the female Turian. "Requesting identification of yourself and any allies I should be infor-"

The two Geth ghosts leapt over the cover being used by Forty Two and the Turians. They must have tracked Forty Two down after it had thrown them! The upgraded Geth acted instantly. It un-holstered its Pulse Rifle and fired on one of the ghosts. They must have taken considerable damage on their way here; their shields were already disabled.

The ghost recoiled after each shot. After only two rounds perfectly placed on the neck severing all important wires and circuits from the CPU, it collapsed on the ground.

It was all happening in less than a second. The other ghost began charging its laser, but wasn't aiming at Forty Two. It must be targeting the Turian since it realizes I have a 87.4% success rate of dodging the laser from this range, Forty Two quickly processed.

The laser began firing. Forty Two outstretched its left arm and pushed the Turian away. The laser pierced through its left arm, a small hole was created that slowly leaked white connective fluid.

Forty Two decided the most logical way to destroy the last ghost and render it useless was biotics. It activated the L-A3 chip and Lifted the ghost. The synthetic helplessly floated toward Forty Two, who asked the Ghost, "What is your primary reason for continuing the Geth's violent beliefs? The organics can be trusted; Doctor Grenn and Moje have shown me we can coexist."

The ghost scowled something harshly that was unintelligible, even for a Geth. Better not risk overheating my Pulse Rifle, Forty Two thought. As the ghost neared Forty Two in midair, the upgraded Geth grabbed the ghost and, after activating the SMMA, pierced through its CPU in the visual sensor region.

It let the hostile slide down its right arm to a useless heap of electronics on the ground. Forty Two examined its left arm for damage. Damage report processing... done.

Laster punctured through 100% of left appendage creating a one inch diameter hole.
Left arm function reduced to 72%. Still capable of steadying assault rifle aim.
Resuming mission objective one.

Forty Two looked back at the Turian it had just saved. It realized why the organics feared the Geth, feared itself. From the encyclopedias Forty Two was taking information from in the Supay station, the entries on recent Geth activity were brief. They had only mentioned the recent Geth attacks on Eden Prime. Forty Two had little memory of its time spent in the Geth troupe, so its curiosity for information was increased for data on its own race. It remembered why they wanted to kill organics, but had forgotten the brutality of it on the battlefield.

"I apologize for what the Geth have done. For what I may have done before," Forty Two said to the female Turian. "You can be one hundred percent assured, my logic capabilities have been upgraded beyond any other Geth known before. Now that my objective is to render assistance to you, I will not harm you or any other allies in the area."

"Resuming mission objectives. Are you seriously injured or hurt due to my assistance? Requesting identification of yourself and any allies I should be informed about."

Kills: 2 Geth Ghosts.

Remaining:
Geth Colossus(X3)
Geth Armature (X1)
Geth Destroyer (X1)
Geth Shock Trooper (X1)
Geth Trooper (X1)
Geth Hopper (X2)

Status of Forty Two: Throw recharging, Lift recharging, shields down, left arm wounded.

Jaryu 1

Ayame: Well i am not going to wait for you guys I'm just going to help these citadel forces

As she says this she reaches a spot that looks over the hole battle field. As she ready s her sniper rifle and looks through the scope she shocked to see the Turains fight along side a Geth.

Ayame: Anyone seeing this Geth attacking it own kind. man that is weird.

She then sees a Geth Hopper jumping at the friendlily Geth and shots a round right threw the head of the Geth Hopper. She then scans the battle field and sees a shock trooper rushing the lines she then fires a shot that rips the shock troopers right arm off at the same time her sniper over heats.

Ayame: Well this is great my guns over heated this is why I hate the sniper rifle at times.

1 Geth Hopper and a Shock troopers right arm taken off Ayame rifle overheated

Remaining:
Geth Colossus(X3)
Geth Armature (X1)
Geth Destroyer (X1)
Geth Shock Trooper (X1)
Geth Trooper (X1)
Geth Hopper (X1)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:19 am

Da1337Crow

Jonas could see a few of the squads members about ten meters ahead of him, taking cover behind the sand stone rises. The distance was only slightly greater than the one he crossed to get to his current position. Except it was also an uphill trek, which would add a slight amount of difficulty crossing the gap of where he was, to where the rest of the team was holed up.

Half of his face had been exposed from around the side of his cover, when the all to familiar red light flashed across his vision. Jerking himself back behind the stone slab he shouted over his shoulder “I’m coming for you, you son of a b***h!” Two of the three things he hated most on a battlefield were present on this battlefield. Heavy artillery, snipers, and Biotics, the third of which he was thankful wasn’t present.

Checking the status of his shields once more, his plan was regroup with the squad, while moving to regroup wait until his shields had dropped below ten percent, then activate Shield Boost, and hope his shields held until he reached his destination. He noticed a dark grey Turian taking cover behind a large sand stone rock. “The guy issuing the orders on the drop ship,” he thought to himself. He picked out a spot next to the Turian, that would be where he would move to.

He pressed his back against the stone slab, took a deep breath, and looked up to the sky. “Various deities from all races, make me fast and nimble.” And with that, he took flight to the Turian. He had covered a little more than a meter when his shields dropped to eleven percent. Jonas hit the shied boost, and watch the numbers on his HUD climb. Stopping at sixty eight percent, he had covered nearly half of the gap, when the red flash streaked across his vision. He held his stride for a second, then quickly juked to his left. Shields holding at fifty five percent, he was less than two meters away from the Turian when the red light hit on him once more.

Jonas spun mid stride, slamming his back into the slab of sand stone. Catching the Turian slightly by surprise, his crooked grin came across his face while he said “Beautiful day for a stroll through the mountains, huh?” The Turian simply looked at him, as if thinking a variety of remarks about Jonas current state of mind. "What are your orders?" Jonas asked breaking the silence.

Overkill Recharging, Shield Boost Recharging

Remaining:
Geth Colossus (X2)
Geth Juggernaut (X1)
Geth Destroyer (X2)
Geth Shock Trooper (X2)
Geth Sniper (X1)
Geth Trooper (Destroyed)

MysticKnight01

Chasca-
"Come on....pop your head out..."

Following the Geth sniper after it took a shot at Ros, Terra watched it fall back into cover. Staying close to her cover, she positioned herself close to the rock placement and keep an eye on the sniper. All the while, the Geth still fired all around them, takeing bit by bit of her shields. But it didn't concern her at all, that was a reason why she had shield mods on her armor. All she really wanted was that Geth's head to pop off.

"You think you can fire upon my comrades and get away with it?"

She flipped a switch on her rilfle and felt it start to heat up and charge the slug in the rifle with energy. She herself feeling calmer and more focused in the heat of battle. That was what she was taught in training to be a sniper, being calm and focused helped in your role as sniping support. It all depended on three factors. Know where your enemy is, keep focus on your target, and above all else, go with your first instinct.

"Geth are very interesting..... but in the end, they are still machines....

She watched as the sniper got out of it's cover and started to aim at the squad.

"And eventually, machines become..."

Her crosshairs go right over it's head and she pulled the trigger. It lets out a loud noise as the slug goes across the hill and right to the sniper. Going though shields and armor, the sniper's head explodes in a very satisfying manner. The body promptly collapses in a heap on the hill as white fluid starts to seep out.

"Broken."

Satisfied for the moment, Terra goes back into cover to recharge her shields. She moves over to Ros to help him, unaware that the Geth Destroyers started to rush towards the medics

Shields at 35 %, Master Assassination used

Remaining:
Geth Colossus (X2)
Geth Juggernaut (X1)
Geth Destroyer (X2)
Geth Shock Trooper (X2)
Geth Sniper (Destroyed)
Geth Trooper (Destroyed)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:38 am

Contown

After a bit of arguing, the majority of the Valkyrie crew murmured in agreement to help the citadel forces. Saul sighed and scratched his chin. “Alright, fine. Let’s go,” he ordered. As the crew hurriedly grabbed their supplies and checked their weapons, Saul looked pointedly at Riahr. “If this goes wrong, don’t forget: 34-34,” Saul taunted. Riahr ignored him and attached the grenades Reign had given him to his belt. When the preparations were finished, the crew dashed down the hill with Saul in the lead.

They skirted to a halt at the ridge above the battle. Bullets, biotic fields, energy rounds, and fire lit up the warzone to the point where most Valkyrie crew members had to polarize their faceplates to be able to see. A few bodies, mostly geth, were spread across the field. The small crew made up of turians and humans were pushing back against the geth and seemed to be gaining the advantage in the confrontation. Allan whistled. “Maybe they don’t need our help after a-” he was interrupted by Ayame who practically yelped in surprise. “Down there, with the citadel guys…….. Is that a geth? That isn’t trying to kill them?”

The crew looked down to where she pointed. Sure enough, a geth with black armor was fighting against his own. “Alright, enough!” Saul yelled. “Ayame, Derrick, you’re with me. Get along the edge of the ridge and snipe as many as you can. Fivrelm, Elouera, Jheyva. Get down there, knock them around, and create an opening for the techies to bring down their weapons. Move!”
The crew hurried to follow their orders. As Saul, Ayame, and Derrick began firing on the geth, Karsakien, followed by the rest of the men, charged into the battlefield with all the subtlety of a freight train with broken brakes. Most of the citadel forces paused firing for a moment to see where the unexpected reinforcements were coming from.

Riahr took cover behind a rock, next to a female turian. “Who are you people?” She asked, flabbergasted. “We will explain when the geth are dead, ma’m.” He replied.

Hopefully one of us will have thought of a satisfactory backstory by then. Riahr thought.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:12 am

Ayame: I hate when I have to try and not hit friendly's. Why you half to go all the way down there idiots.

She then spots the Trooper with no arm trying to take cover. As its moving to new cover she unloads another round into its head."Finlay got the thing" She thought She then shes a Geth Trooper heading towards the crew firing shots at she lines a shot as she fires and gets the trooper a Geth Destroyer starts firing on her position.

Ayame: Anyone want to get rid of this dang thing for me i can't move it's got me pinned down.

1Trooper and 1 Shock Trooper down

Remaining: Geth Colossus(X3)
Geth Armature (X1)
Geth Destroyer (X1)
Geth Shock Trooper (X0)
Geth Trooper (X0)
Geth Hopper (X1)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:46 pm

Reign_Tsumaraki

"Alright then... LET'S DO IT!!!" I yelled, and tossed a bunch of timed grenades at the geth down the hill.

I sprinted down towards the Citadel troops, attempting to dodge the bullets the geth shot at me. My shields ran out right as I ran into cover, smashing my side against it.

"Oh hey!" I said, joining the Turian and the strange Geth. Without it's hive mind thing wouldn't be intelligent... And yet there it was shooting it's formar allies. Did the Citadel manage to hack a Geth and change it's programming?

I snapped my head out of the speculation and returned my mind to the present. I noticed that it's arm was damaged, sparking. I could probably repair it, I had the tools...

"Hey Geth. You call yourself by something? I could probably repair that arm of yours."

I turned around and saw Ayame, with a Destroyer advancing and firing on her position. I threw a mass effect field towards the geth, knocking it onto it's side, buying Ayame some time.

Remaining:
Geth Colossus(X3)
Geth Armature (X1)
Geth Destroyer (X1)
Geth Hopper (X1)

Jaryu 1

Ayame:Hey thanks Kid when we get out of this I'll buy you a beer some time

She then bolts for some new cover finding a spot near Saul.

Ayame: Whats up boss Shall we kill these Geth already.

Mushufasa 49

Before the Turian could respond, figures began sprinting towards Forty Two's location from the basin. They could be the initiators of the beacon, it thought. A Salarian arrived at a slab of rock near them and was quickly followed by a human who took cover near Forty Two. Why they didn't stay at the top of the slope to eliminate the Geth in a pincer attack was a reason that eluded Forty Two for a moment.

Perhaps the organics wish to avoid too much friendly fire with a pincer attack. Still, they could have went to the flank for an equally useful tactic. Now there are too many friendlies in one location. The Geth must have noted their movement. A single Destroyer could flank us right now.

As soon as Forty Two finished processing that thought, the rock it was using as cover trembled violently. The explosions were occurring at a faster rate; the destroyer must be getting closer.

"Hey Geth. You call yourself by something? I could probably repair that arm of yours," the human said.

Interesting, Forty Two noted, the human is not at all alarmed of me being a Geth. Perhaps he is more acquainted with assessing a situation or identifying friendlies than the others.

Logging data...

Human very trusting, both a positive and negative trait. Identification needed.

Logging data finished.

"I am Experimental Biotic Attack Unit Forty Two," Forty Two replied to the human's query. "My left appendage is in need of repair, though the damage is minor. Feel free to repair as you see fit but do it with haste. We cannot waste too much with such little cover compared to the hostile's damage potential. What is your identification human?"

Wonder Bred

Still cursing the fact that he was injured, he saw Terra approaching him.

“How bad is it?” She asked.

“A bit of shrapnel in my right leg. I think I got most of it out.” He responded. After removing what shrapnel he could, he pushed down with one hand on the inside of his right thigh to reduce the blood flow. After using his teeth to remove the cap from a medi-gel, he began applying the gel to the wound.

“Alright, I’m good. Thanks for the concern. My armor will handle it from here.” He sat for a few seconds as the pain subsided before grabbing up his rifle. He gave a thumbs up and pulled himself back up against the wall, ready to fight.

“Let’s get back to it.” He said as he popped his head over cover. He did so in time to see a destroyer open fire on his position. “Shoot! We’ve got a destroyer knocking on our door!” As he popped over this time he threw a grenade at the destroyer and opened fire. Rounds riddled the geth, lowering his shields. The grenade detonated, throwing the destroyer to the ground.

“Take out that destroyer before it closes on us. I don’t think we want to go face to face with him.” Before Ros finished, Terra and Erin were already hammering at the downed geth. Its shields broke and as it tried got up to make a final charge, fell to the ground.

"There was another one. Where'd it go?" He looked for it, but found nothing at the moment.

Kills:
Geth Destroyer(x1)

Remaining:
Geth Colossus (X2)
Geth Juggernaut (X1)
Geth Destroyer (X1)
Geth Shock Trooper (X1)
Geth Sniper (Destroyed)
Geth Trooper (Destroyed)

Contown

"Why do you have to go all the way down there, idiots?" Ayame said into her headset.

"The reason should be obvious." Riahr began, "Not all of us have sniper rifles. Our weapons aren't as effective as they could be if we fired from the top of the ridge. Not to mention the range of biotics and tech mines is too short to be able to reach the geth from so far above."

Riahr's assault rifle hissed to life as he pulled it from his back. He peeked out from behind the rock to look for a target. A small thin geth was leaping from rock to rock, firing what seemed to be sniper rounds. Riahr activated overkill and rained fire on the geth when it paused to take aim. It's body dropped to the ground, riddled with holes. The light on it's head slowly blinked out.

Colossus (X3)
Armature (X1)
Destroyer (X1)

da1337Crow

“We need to take down those Destroyers first and foremost, then we can clean up the Shock Troop.” The Turian shouted, “We can figure out what to do about the Juggernaut and Colossi when the time comes.”

“Copy that,” Jonas agreed. He threw his assault rifle over his should back into it’s holster, in exchange for his side arm. He pressed himself against the edge of the sand stone, and leaned out to get a look at the remains of the battlefield. One Destroyer was advancing on the remainder of the team; they had already began attacking it, the other advancing on their position.

Clicking the hammer on his pistol to activate Marksman, he exhaled, and began firing. He aimed for the blue light centered on it’s head, with proton rounds equip, he wasn’t very concerned with the Destroyers heavy shielding. With Marksman activated and proton rounds, this was a near equivalent to firing on a target with his assault rifle while his targets shields were down, not to mention he had two other people firing on the same target. Jonas could see the effect of his shots taking place with the head of the Destroyer being knocked about this way and that, while the other two streams of discharges ate away it’s shields. Within seconds, the Destroyers shields were depleted, and was being hammered from three different weapons. The Destroyer collapsed in on itself as a mass of crumpling metal, sparks, and synthetic fluids. Glancing off to the side, he saw that the other half of the squad had already downed their target. Further proof that working as a team was much more effective that being a lone gunman,

With priority one complete, they could now focus on the remaining Shock Trooper. Jonas searched the mountain side for it, but found no sign of it anywhere. Perhaps someone else on the team had dispatched it already, or perhaps it had retreated to cover, or worse; attempting to flank them.

1 Destroyer down

Remaining:
Geth Colossus (X2)
Geth Juggernaut (X1)
Geth Destroyer (Destroyed)
Geth Shock Trooper (X1)
Geth Sniper (Destroyed)
Geth Trooper (Destroyed)

Reign_Tsumaraki

Very interesting... The geth can not only function well outside of the neural network but is a biotic as well. How the hell does a geth go about getting biotics anyway? Did it get implants? I'll ask the questions later.

"People call me Reign. Let me see your arm."

I got out my tools for working on electronics, examining this "unit Forty Two." It was a notch above the other geth, that was for sure. I quickly repaired the significant damage, using a bit of omni-gel to replace some of the circuitry and motivators that were destroyed. I finished my work, and got back out my gun.

"Done. I repaired what I could in a short time, let me take another look at it once we're not in danger."

I flashed my head out of cover, trying to see what geth were left. A few bullets hit my shields before i ducked back into cover. I threw up a biotic barrier and revealed myself for a few seconds. I threw one of the collosus into stasis, and launched a anti-gravity mass effect field toward the other. While it was in the air, I used both of my teh mines, frying it's shields and making it an easy target.

"That collosus in the air is easy pickings guys, shoot it!"

Forty Two's arm repaired, one collosus in stasis, one in the air weakened and without shields.

Colossus (X1) in stasis
Colossus (X1) Weakened in the air.
Armature (X1)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:43 pm

ForumAura

Chasca, Recovery Team 1

Too much was happening at once, and Vynx's tiring mind was lagging a few half-seconds behind it's normal capacity. A hard, unexpected shove from the "Unit Forty-Two" Geth knocked her off balance and sent her to one knee as she struggled to maintain her footing. Again, to her very real surprise, the Geth displayed biotic abilities! The names the machine had mentioned, Grenn and Moje, sounded Salarian. Those damned scientists are brilliant, Vynx thought.

Much to her dismay, the machine's reaction was to remove Vynx from the line of fire, and in doing so it had sustained damage from the sniper shot meant for her. After quickly and skillfully dispatching their assailants, the machine addressed her, but the beginning of her reply was halted by the arrival of a Salarian.

Vynx was baffled. How they had managed to scurry past three Colossi was beyond her, but at least reinforcements had arrived. However, the relief rendered by the assistance of the Salarian was tainted by the arrival of a human who identified himself as "Reign." From her limited and loathed experience with humans, Vynx surmised this was a young, unskilled one, and she was greatly angered that his priorities focused on the machine he had no past acquaintance or experience with.

With a newfound fury coursing through her blood, she turned her focus back on the battle ahead. Jax tried to speak to her, but she drown out his words while rhythmically pumping out rounds from her Avalanche. As Vynx shed more shells on a weakened Colossus, she noticed more of what she assumed were "friendlies" flanking the Geth. So they send the feeble ones to run across the battlefield as targets... kind of makes me glad they weren't in the last battle.

With the combined firepower from Vynx's position, Darius', and Anarchus' team, a blue explosion leapt out from within the suspended Colossus' frame. The machine visibly spent it's last spark of 'life' and 'died' mid-air. Vynx pressed her back behind cover once again, trying to feed enough oxygen to her lungs. As the trace of a "How much more?" crept into her mind, she abruptly forced it out with a strong-willed "No limits, keep going."

Her attention jumped to the black Geth beside her, steadily sending controlled Pulse Rifle bursts into it's supposed enemies. It had asked for identification earlier.

"Forty Two," Vynx called from the opposite side of their cover. "You can call me 'Vynx'. Other than previous injuries, I'm not hurt. And this is Jax," She motioned to her companion who briefly retired from the battle.

No matter how hard she tried to focus, Vynx simply wasn't pulling herself together entirely. Beads of perspiration had formed above her eyes and were slowly streaking down her painted face, and in the current situation she couldn't seem to draw in enough breath. Vynx held out her hand with her palm facing down and fingers stretched. It shook slightly. Dehydration... over exertion... fatigue, she noted the possibilities.

Another blast from a Colossus impacted beside their cover, splashing a shock wave over her shields and dirt chunks clinking against her armor.

"No limits, keep going."

Colossus x1
Armature x1
Destroyer x1
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:27 am

Contown

The moment the stasis field around the colossus evaporated, it resumed firing. Bolts of blue energy raced towards the Valkyrie and citadel forces and slammed into the rocks. Whisps of fire washed over the burnt tops above their heads and caused the sky to appear as if it were burning.

"Alan. Riahr. Bring the shields down on that thing." Saul ordered through his mic. The moment the fire paused, the techies turned out from behind cover in unison and sent a pair of overload mines at the colossus. The shields flickered and died away.

Confident in it's armor and too slow to escape anywhere, the metal behemoth stood it's ground and fired at Riahr and Alan. They quickly pulled back behind their respective rocks. As the face of the geth began to glow blue for another shot, a red line sped through the air and tore through it's neck. An assasination round from Saul. The geth lurched sideways, and struggled to regain it's footing on the soft ground. Moments later, a second red line stabbed through the colossus' head, and the machine dropped to the ground, lifeless. Up high on the ridge, Saul and Derrick pulled back their rifles and pumped their fists in the air in triumph, and then resumed firing.

Armature (X1)
Destroyer (X1)

Reign_Tsumaraki

After going back behind the rock, I asked the turian,

"Is any of your squad wounded? I said. "I'm very adept at the art of first aid. And how did you manage to hack this geth?" I indicated towards Forty-Two.

Jaryu 1

Ayame: Hey kid whats that's Geth name so I know not to mess it up when we meet up.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:52 am

Reign_Tsumaraki

"It calls itself 'Unit Forty Two', I'm going to question the citadel forces how they hacked or acquired it... the thing is... interesting... to say the least."

ForumAura

Vynx, already irritated by the mere presence of the human, could hold herself back no longer, and spat, "Perhaps you should show us your skill in the art of weaponry and less in pondering the irrelevant!"

Before I throw you at the Geth, Vynx thought without remorse.

Reign_Tsumaraki

"Hoho alright then."

I turned around and targeted the Armature firing bursts toward us. I used throw on it's leg, knocking it back and preventing it from firing. I hacked the Destroyer next to it, which turned around and began charging at the Armature, knocking it down again. I activated Marksman and began firing my pistol at the armature, hoping to do something. With the rest of the team firing at it, it soon fell. The Destroyer was still quite confused from the hacking, trying to decrypt what targets were enemies and allies. It fixed it's head at me and began to charge.

When it was about 4 yards away from me it was yanked back by a singularity. I took advantage and threw several grenades into it. They exploded and the singularity ended, but the Destroyer was still alive. A single bullet came from up on the hills where we came from. The bullet hit the geth in the flashlight on it's head, and it fractured. It was still kicking though, charging wildly in circles, trying to kill something. A huge figure came from my left, and the Krogan charged at it. He smashed it's head to the ground, breaking it to peices. the limbs of the geth twitched for a few seconds and sparked before dying.

"And I'm not skilled at using guns, by the way." I said back to the turian. "I am much more skilled with my biotics and technical abilities. Now that there's nothing trying to kill us, you mind telling me how you got this... thing? It's much more intelligent then it should be not connected to the neural network, and it communicates in a language that my translator can decrypt."

ALL ENEMIES DESTROYED

Ebaumisnoob

Darius, seeing as combat had ended, decided to break up the not too pleasant discourse between Vynx and the new Human, stood up and shook himself out, wincing slightly at the pain in his right shoulder. Keeping his pistol at hand, he slowly strode towards the ragtag scene. Darius waited for the newcomer to finish his inquiry before stepping forward and speaking up.

"Wait up human, two things. One, you never told us who the hell you are, or even what you're doing here. Two, you're speaking to the wrong Turian. She has this childish grudge against humanity, if you want to talk without hostile rebuke in every line, talk to me, or anyone else here." Darius said, his Brawler creeping upwards, "I suggest you start over, and this time, introduce yourself."

Contown

As the wind began to blow the smoke from the battle away, Riahr placed his assault rifle on his back, leaned against a rock, and let out a long breath, a habit he had developed to calm himself down after a battle. He scanned the allies across the field. A few wounds and burns, but no one was seriously injured or killed. Good. Our efforts were worth it. He thought. Various soldiers began digging through wreckage, most likely looking for extra weapons or supplies. Seeing no immediate need for action, Riahr sat down against the rock and closed his eyes, awaiting future orders.

Reign_Tsumaraki

"I'm Reign T'sumaraki, Biotic, medic, and Technical combat support. Me and some of my crew decided that we should come help in the fight. I'm not shooting you and I don't intend to any time soon. Is anyone here wounded is the first thing, and the second is how the **** did you manage to hack a geth permanently? And for that matter, make it far more intelligent then an ordinary one? The algorithms and code I've invented can only make it go berserk. I've never invented a code that can turn a geth over to my side."

Jaryu 1

Ayame sees the battle close to a draw. She sees Reign talking to the Turians. She starts down the hill to catch up. As she arrives she hears Reign shooting off again.

Ayame: Please forgive the kid he's to cocky for his own good. Hi I'm Ayame The second best sniper in this rag tag group. If you have any question talk to Saul he's up there if you need him. So come on Kid were leaving now.

ForumAura

At the words of Darius, Vynx fumed. The question prevailed in her mind, Why must he give in so easily? His complacency with the humans sickened her.

She stepped up to him, standing not a foot away, and said derisively, "Why don't you just turn your back now?"

Vynx knew he understood. She was referring to the saying, "You will only see a Turian's back once he's dead." Spoken with a truly venomous tone, she knew the insult was conveyed. Having nothing more to say, she stepped back and away from the exchange. Vynx turned a cold stare back to their new arrivals along with the barrel of her shotgun, aimed particularly in the direction of the human. She had to force the temptation to pull the trigger out of her mind several times.

Reign_Tsumaraki

"Whoah hey not yet. There's probably wounded and I'm curious as to how they got ahold of this Geth."

Jaryu 1

Ayame: No butts kid now get going I'll talk to them. You rub people the wrong way. As she says this she starts laughing. Now go kid.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:56 am

Contown

The bickering never ends....... Riahr thought, his eyes slowly opening. He watched as the female turian stormed away like a child. Clearly a speciesist.

"Ignore the tuian, Reign. She clearly has personal issues to deal with." He said. Riahr turned his head towards the other turian and spoke again. "I suggest you do something to keep your friend under control. It would not be a wise move to anger those who outnumber and outgun you. And my name is Riahr. I serve as our pilot."

da1337Crow

“The longer we keep let this fight going the higher the chance we start losing men!” Jonas shouted over his shoulder.

“Thanks for telling me that,” the Turian mocked, “you’re a real asset to this squad, you know that?” The Turain leaned out from behind his cover and nearly instantly pulled himself back to cover. He looked over at Jonas, then looked in the direction of the other half of the team, then back to Jonas. “Do you have any experience in Electronics or Decryption?” he asked.

Jonas nodded. “I’ve got a little experience with Electronics.” He paused, getting a faint idea of what the Turian might be planning. “You thinking of Overloading a Colossus?” Jonas asked, “That’s a good idea, but I’m no Engineer, what I got will barely scratch the surface of it’s shielding.”

“Just do what I say, when I say it,” the Turian ordered, “I’ve got a plan.” The Turian turned his head toward the rest of the squad and said something into his comm. Jonas couldn’t hear what he was saying, but he glanced toward the other half of the team and noticed one of them nodding. After he was done on his comm. link he turned back to Jonas. “We’re all going to attack the southernmost Colossus. You’ll fire off your Overload, then when it’s shielding is down we’re going to take out it’s two front legs. Then I’ll try to hack the Juggernaut and use it to finish off the Colossus. If that works and I still have control over the Juggernaut, I’ll attack the last Colossus with it too.” The Turian activated his Omni tool, and looked over to Jonas. “Open fire!”

Without a seconds hesitation Jonas whirled around, and shot off the Overload blast. The burst of energy splashed against the Colossi’s shields, accompanied by hailing weapons fire. The sound of Assault and Sniper Rifles, Pistols, and grenades overwhelming the mountain side. After firing Overload Jonas raised his pistol and began pumping rounds into the Colossus. While firing his side arm an icon on his HUD changed from red, to green. His Overkill was ready for another use.

With that, Jonas holstered his pistol in exchange for his Assault Rifle. He quickly raised the weapon to his cheek, and started pumping tungsten rounds into the Geths shielding. Ripples from weapons fire were appearing across the front of the Geths shield, seeming to do little to no damage. Then from the corner of his eye, Jonas saw a rocket streak across the air and crashed into the Colossus shields, causing the shields to fade for a brief moment then reappear a second later.

Jonas had just started to reach for the switch to activate Overkill when the Colossi’s shields collapsed. “The legs,” shouted the Turian, “Fire on it’s front legs!” All members targeted the Colossi’s left front leg. What seemed like hours was merely seconds, and the leg had been ripped off by the combine efforts of the squad. “Right leg!” the Turian ordered without need, for the instant that the left leg fell, the right leg had been targeted and was being ripped apart by heavy fire power. The right leg crippled, causing the Geth Colossus to lurch forward. Before hitting the ground, two rockets slammed into the Geths head, causing it to shatter is an awesome display of synthetic destruction.

“Don’t let up,” ordered the Turian. “Target the last Colossi, same strategy, break the shields, then take out the legs!” Jonas activated Overkill and loosed his rounds into the Geths shields. Jonas noticed now that the Juggernaut was walking toward the Colossus, only a few meters from it’s legs. Slowly, as if realized what it was doing and attempting to stop itself, it aimed and fired on the right front leg of the Colossus. The explosion had blown the leg completely off. Jonas saw an Overload blast smash into the Colossus shielding, shutting down whatever was remaining in the Geths shields. “Left, left, left!” the Turain shouted.

Just like clockwork, the left leg was torn apart. The Colossus falling forward, nearly crushing the Juggernaut just a meter away. The words “Weapons free!” abruptly filled Jonas’ ears. He targeted the Colossi’s head and unleashed a seemingly nonstop stream of tungsten rounds into it’s head. With light fading from the Colossi’s “eye,” Jonas targeted the Juggernaut only to watch it summersault backwards as a shot from a sniper rifle pierced it’s head.

“Their’s still that Shook Troop left,” Jonas reminded the Turain, “This isn’t over until they’re all-” the booming sound of sniper fire cut him off. Jonas looked along the mountain side and saw the white body of the last Geth unit tumbling down the mountain. Jonas looked to the position of the other half of the team and saw one of the members rising from a kneel with a sniper rifle in their hand turning to help another member to his feet.

After a few seconds of scanning the mountain side to make sure nothing was moving, Jonas simply stated “Area secure.”

All Targets Eliminated
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Mushufasa 49

"People call me Reign. Let me see your arm."

Forty Two allowed Reign to repair its arm with some omni gel. One of the few functions it was not programmed to do was self repair, due to time constraints on the project. In foresight, the team on Supay designed it to not take too much damage. They accomplished this with agility and Forty Two's ability to dispatch hostiles quickly before they have a chance to damage it.

Logging data...

Human confirmed as Reign. Facial identity and voice recognition saved.

Data logged.

The battle was intensifying. The Turians had identified themselves as Vynx and Jax. Forty Two logged their identities, and then it continued to provide support fire from its Pulse Rifle. With surprising efficiency ,considering the multiple parties suddenly coerced into working together, the Geth were all eliminated.

Although the enemies had been defeated, tensions seemed high between Vynx and the human Reign.

Interesting... my data shows the First Contact War between Humans and Turians had ended. Perhaps feelings of hostility still linger?

Logging data...

Relations between species [Human] and [Turian] not one hundred percent friendly.

Data Logged.

Forty Two heard Reign mention something about its origin. It walked over to the human and said, "I am very willing to answer any queries regarding myself or my programmers if the queries would be directed specifically at me."

Reign_Tsumaraki

"Alright then..." I said. "Who created you? And for what purpose?"

Jaryu 1

Ayame: Hey why dose that Turain treating us like were bad guys. Or is that she just doesn't like us humans who just saved here life. Either way I hold no grudges to anyone except for the Asari you now how hard it for a woman to compete with them is. She then lets out a laugh.

Reign_Tsumaraki

"So you hate the Asari because they have a physical form that rivals yours? HA!" I laughed.
"I personally don't care what species someone is, as long as they don't have four eyes. Damn Batarians crashed my ship..."
I turned towards Forty Two as it began to speak.

Mushufasa 49

"Alright then..." Reign said. "Who created you? And for what purpose?"

"All Geth are manufactured in plants for the purpose of serving the Geth people. Each Geth has a different function depending on its build," Forty Two explained. "I was created in the Ensar 401 Combat factory. My purpose was to be a combat unit in a Geth special operations unit.

My logic processors are telling me that you are not querying into my literal creation, but rather, my reprogramming. To summarize, I was captured on this planet three point five years ago by a team of Batarian mercenaries and Salarian scientists. They upgraded my logic and assigned my current identification, Experimental Biotic Attack Unit 42.

They informed me that my purpose was to demonstrate that the Geth could be reprogrammed to serve organics, to show that the Geth were self conscious, prove that synthetics could perform biotics via my L-A3 biotic chip and artificial nodes, and to be a useful tool for Citadel species in general.

Before my programmers were killed by the Batarian mercenaries on the voyage here, they instructed me to kill a Batarian by the name of Azul De' Liar, who I have logically concluded is the leader of the mercenaries. That task is set on my highest priority, but assisting organics is still on my priority list. I hope this resolves any queries, brief as my summary is. If any further queries are needed, I would be glad to assist in answering them."

Reign_Tsumaraki

"Indeed..." I said, and stared at the Geth. It was not hacked by the citadel then. "And you were thinking that helping us would also get us to assist you in killing Azul?"

Jaryu 1

Ayame: Hey 42 do you mind if I call you Timmy.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:56 pm

da1337Crow

“We need to move quickly,” the Turain said, “judging by the fact that Vynx and her squad didn’t flank the Geth on our side, they may still be fighting them on their side. Or they waiting for us at the basin.” He turned to face another Turian who had darker face, and spoke with him for a moment. It was then that Jonas began to approach the two Turians, ready to ask a slightly embarrassing question.

“Excuse me,” he started, “what freq-,” The Turian giving the orders cut him off “Good, I was just going to have you scout ahead. Normally I’d do it myself, but we have wounded. I need to make sure they’re able to move, and fight if necessary. Now move out.” Jonas grinned. At least now he had a better reason to ask his question. “Very well sir, what frequency are you on?” The Turian responded without looking at him, obviously to concerned with the matters at hand to fully register the question. “Epsilon, one, one, three, point eight five.”

With that Jonas set off on his trek, reconfiguring his comm. He had made a few more strides when he felt the piercing feeling of those yellow eyes on his back. “Must have just realized what I asked,” he said in his head. No matter, he was still drawing breath, and that’s all that mattered.

Jonas hadn’t come across anything worth reporting during his trek up the mountain side. Not even so much as a bird could been seen or heard anywhere. But given the fact that echoes of gunfire and explosions had riddled the air for a while, that came as no surprise. He didn’t take comfort in the silence. The Geth are great ambushers, regardless of the light on their heads. Thoughts of trying to dispute the scouting assignment crept into his mind, but he dashed them to pieces before they could fester.

Jonas was an average scout, he learned all the basics of tracking and scouting from his grandfather. He was an average at most everything really. I’m good at a lot of things, but great at nothing, he would tell people. The one thing that set him apart from many other recruits was his ability to keep a cool head. It didn’t matter if you were the best shot as a recruit, or the best at CQC, or had the strongest throwing arm if you lost your nerve in live combat. And that area is where Jonas lead the pack. He had graduated with some of the best, and fought along side them too, and soon after he commanded them. He could take charge in nearly any situation, and seem unfazed by the pressure of command.

With time and experience he became notably better with weapons and CQC, also displaying a knack for creativity, and working in small units. Some people would say that he could fight three fully armed Krogan in an open plain, and somehow turn the tide of the fight in his favor. The idea was ludicrous though, if that situation ever presented itself he had no doubt he’d be dead sooner than he could blink.

He suddenly realized that he was nearing the edge of the basin. “How long have I been day dreaming?” he thought. “Quit thinking!” he yelled in his head, “you’ll get yourself killed if you keep day dreaming.” He lowered himself to a crouch, and slowed his pace, making sure be as stealthy as he could while approaching the basin. He came to a stop about twenty meters from the basin, scanning the slope for any sign of life before moving closer. Nothing stirred but the wind.

After creeping up to the edge of the basin, he radioed to the Turian. “In position,” he whispered into the comm. A deep voice jumped on the comm in reply, “We’re moving to rendezvous, ETA seven minutes.”

“Copy.” Jonas peeked over the crest, and down into the basin, where he saw a ship the likes of which hadn’t seen anywhere. “Boss Turian,” Jonas said, “You might want to check this out.”

Their was a long pause from the other end. “It’s Auoric,” answered the throaty voice. “ETA four minutes.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:47 pm

ForumAura

Vynx was at a loss as to why these newcomers classified her hatred for humanity simply as "childish behavior". They must not have much information on the War, let alone her perfectly justified reasons for having such bitter feelings. She felt that the same feelings were conveyed in the manner that they spoke of her distaste as a "personal issue."

It doesn't matter, Vynx told herself as she watched the human satisfy his petty curiosities with the synthetic. She lowered her gun and turned toward Jax, who was overlooking the wreckage of the battlefield. Down the mountain and in the distance she could see the multitudes of Geth still swarming toward the Citadel complex. It was a very disturbing atmosphere; no matter where one looked, there was an embodiment of hopelessness or a threat.

She walked out into the grassy hillside where Jax was trudging about, doing one task or another on his omni-tool. He looked up as she approached.

"I can't get any readings from these Geth," He said as he tapped his tool with his left hand. "This code is so alien and so complex... it'll take a long time to decipher anything, let alone having to do it with hardly any experience."

Vynx tilted her head to try and get a look at what he was seeing, but she couldn't make any sense of it anyway. Instead, she used her eyes to scan their surroundings - farther up the debris-littered mountainside was a Krogan. The behemoth of a lizard punted the decapitated 'head' of a Geth, shattering it's light and sending shards of glass everywhere. Beyond the Krogan, at the top of the mountain, were two humans, and judging by their long-barreled weapons, they were snipers. Vynx immediately felt uneasy.

"Jax," She said, leaning in close. "Look up the range. Do you see those two snipers?"

Jax glanced over his shoulder and spotted the two figures. He turned back with a look of general confusion on his face. "Yeah? They helped us."

"They're deceitful, Jax," Vynx retorted.

"You don't like humans," Jax offered.

"This is different," Vynx went on. "I don't have a good feeling about it."

Vynx glanced around at the team she had been dropped with. Tauren, the man Darius had been with, was looking over the injured soldier, Vesper. His wounds had been tended to, but he would need evac. If the Citadel forces hold out that long.

Anarchus and his team of two men seemed completely fine. It was then, looking at the trio of skilled Turians, that an idea occurred to Vynx.

"Jax, go back with Darius. He's keeping an eye on our 'reinforcements'. If they make one false move, put your gun in their face."

Jax scoffed. He must not have liked the idea of being as bluntly hostile as she usually was. "What about you?"

"I'm not waiting around for them to flag those snipers," She shot back. Without another word, Vynx jogged briskly to the position of Anarchus and his team, returning a brief nod at Darius' companion Tauren who looked up as she passed. Upon reaching the trio, she heard them continue what must have been a very precise debate on what to do next.

"That would probably be the best course of action, Anarchus." The Spectre, Balmus, turned his head toward Vynx as she approached. "Any news on the situation over the range?"

"...Or have they identified themselves?" Anarchus added.

Vynx let out a brief sigh. Turning her head to each question's asker respectively, she replied, "No, and no... not collectively, anyway. The Salarian identified himself as their pilot. I suppose that would be second best to addressing their CO, who we have yet to meet."

"He's not the human with the Salarian?"

Vynx instinctively gave him the look of death. "Most certainly not."

"Then he must be with his ship," The third Turian in Anarchus' party concluded.

Balmus looked to Anarchus and said, "What will the orders be?"

Anarchus replied confidently, "We three will go investigate the crash site. We must not waste time."

"There are wounded here," Vynx reminded him.

"I am aware. While we search for their commanding officer, the rest of the team can regroup and manage the casualties. We will rendezvous when their preparations are complete."

Balmus nodded. "A sound plan." He then turned his steely eyes back to Vynx, the dwarf of the group. "Will you be able to meet at the given time?"

"We'll do what we must," Vynx replied. "Send the RP to him," She gestured to Darius, now accompanied with the humans by Jax.

Balmus nodded. Anarchus began to lead the team up the mountain. Vynx turned and began the walk back to Darius and Jax, tracking the other team's progress as they quickly moved up the slope. Training her gaze ahead of them, she noticed the two snipers had vanished. She narrowed her eyes at the place they had been last, then picked up her own pace back to her group.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:49 pm

Reaper 07

The fighting had finally subsided and with the help of the ships mysterious crew, the geth assault was ultimately broken. Stepping out from cover, Auoric was keen too get a sense of time and direction, if needed he would report the crash after the citadel camp had been backed up. The sun was glaring high in the sky, its highest point at mid-day and using an old survival technique he was able too determine that they where due west of the camp.

"We should check on the others" Soriks burly voice broke his conversation and he was quick too agree.

"Aye, by the looks of it the downed ships crew seem too be gathering on the basins east side"

The pair broke into a brisk jog, scaling the basins outer edge too reach the center of the crashes impact. The sight was unlike anything they had seen, the ship was incredible too behold, large, powerful and looking suprisingly light and agile, the ship was nothing like what the citadel where currently working on, it was an engineering breakthrough, innovative and incredibly inginuative.

"By the spirits, what is that?" Soriks startled tone was well placed, Auoric too was lost for words.

"I have no idea" Trying too push the ships origin too the back of his mind the pair continued too skirt round the basins outer edge and quickly apporached the eastern ridge where Vynx and the others currently resided.

"Sorik, keep an eye trained on the northern rock face, those two figures have gone from sight"

With out a single glance Sorik simply nodded "I had noticed, let us hope they are friendly, i would hate too have too show them a real fight"

hiding their laughter the pair reached the others where it seemed a plan had already been set in motion.

"Anarchus, Balmus you seem too have everything in order, Myself and Sorik will scout the area, make sure it is truly secure, unless you feel are skills are btter placed."

The pair looked at the spectre hopeful carefully, awaiting his response.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:50 pm

Mushufasa 49

"Affirmative Reign," Forty Two responded. "Not only has it been three point five years since my time with the Geth, my reprogramming has made me almost unrecognizable to them as well. It was only logical for me to assist the organics in battle. My chances of finding Azul with the Geth were at 0.00%, with the organics at 35.93%."

"Hey Forty Two, do you mind if I call you Timmy?" the female sniper asked it.

Forty Two raised one of the armor plates on its head and cocked its head to the side. It had been attempting to emulate the way some organics express emotion. The armor plate was used similarly to eyebrows human possessed, and the emotion it was trying to duplicate was confusion.

"Attempting to change my identification would not be logical. All of my programs have been designated in some point or another to 'Forty Two'. Reprogramming all of those to 'Timmy' would be not only a large and unneeded hassle, but require someone knowledgeable in Geth programming.

Now I have some queries. What is your identification female human?" Forty Two said to the female sniper.

"Next, what is the purpose of the ship with the rescue beacon and of its crew?"

Jaryu 1

Ayame: Alright Timmy my name is Ayame Kurosaki.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 pm

Green Scythe

"That's the last of them." Said Leon over the Com. "We've finished mopping them up over here."

"The Turians and the humans are safe." Said J.R. "How're things on the other side?"

J.R. and Leon were on the edge of the basin, providing covering sniper fire to the area where Auoric's team had touched down. Derrick, Jheyva, and me were doing the same, but instead facing the side where Vynx's team was fighting.

"We're good here." I said, looking through my scope at the smoldering Geth piles. "I have to say though: I'm impressed."

I pointed my rifle upward, blowing the heated air off of the nozzle.

"Saul," Said Leon. "The guys who deployed on our end are heading your way - probably trying to meet up with the other team."

"Orders." Said J.R.

"Fall back." I replied. "Move back to the basin, meet up with the three of us, and follow me."

Before continuing, I looked through my scope again, fixing my sights upon a purplish, female Turian (the only female Turian I had ever seen in real life).

"That one looks like the leader." Said Jheyva, seeing the same sight. "I can tell by that scowl on her face."

"Well..." I began. "Since it looks like Kirrahe's already introduced himself, I guess a little 'meet-n-greet' is in order... lets move."

Upon issuing my order, I emerged from cover, making sure that both my men and our visitors alike saw me as I stowed my Sniper Rifle on my back. After this, I began to slowly walk down the side of the mountain, holding out the palms of my hands to show that I was unarmed. Deciding that it would be a better idea to try and talk, I opened a conference channel with everyone in the area.

"Whoever you are, we don't want any trouble." I said. "We come in peace."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5   Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles - Part 5
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mass Efffect: The Valkyrie Chronicles  :: Mass Effect RP :: Valkyrie Chronicles-
Jump to: